The Victory Press is a fully independent, reader-funded sports publication established in 2015.
We publish features and essays related to gender and social issues as they pertain to sports, with the goal of making the Victory Press an inclusive home for quality writing on these issues. We provide regular coverage of women's hockey with a focus on labor and social justice and are hoping to expand our coverage to include in-depth analysis of these topics as they pertain to other sports.
- Zoë Hayden, editor-in-chief (she/her or they/them) - @zoeclaire_
- Nicole Haase, staff writer (she/her)- @nicolehaase
- Melissa Burgess, staff writer - @_melissaburgess
- James Domizio, staff writer - @thevideoJAME
- Andrew, features writer - @millvsSPQR
Need to get in touch with us about something? Email email@example.com or mention @thevictorypress on Twitter.
We are entirely reader supported. You can subscribe using the "SUBSCRIBE" button in the lower right on any page, or by clicking here.
We are currently revising our pitch guidelines. Check back soon!
- Our theme is Genelia, with customizations by Zoë. We're a hosted instance of Ghost.
- Our wordmark and other graphics are styled with Frontenac by Jérémie Dupuis.
The Victory Press, LLC is incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania. Our goal is to be cost-neutral, with all income to Victory Press going directly to paying writers, financing travel, and planning future projects.
All writers/contributors are independent contractors for tax purposes, and we have a standard freelance contract for both our staff writers and contributors. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with legal/financial inquiries.