The Victory Press is a publication dedicated to women's sports and intersectional feminist issues related to sport. We pay our writers and reimburse expenses.
We publish features and essays related to feminism/gender/social issues as they pertain to sports, with the goal of making the Victory Press an inclusive home for quality writing on these issues. We also provide regular coverage of several women's sports, including ice hockey, basketball, and soccer.
- Zoë Hayden, editor-in-chief - @zoeclaire_
- Mary Van Tyne, editor - @maryofdoom
- Alice Bell, community/engagement - @yolowoho
- Nicole Haase, staff writer - @nicolehaase
- Melissa Burgess, staff writer - @_melissaburgess
- Kirsten Whelan, staff writer - @kmtwhelan
- Caissa Casarez, staff writer - @cassafrassen
- Lindsay Eanet, staff writer - @lindsayeanet
- Angelica Rodriguez, features writer/editor - @reinadelaisla
- Andrew, features writer - @millvsSPQR
Send pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pitches can be about any women's sport or any social issue in sports related to gender, class, race, etc. Pitches can be for a single feature article or for a series of articles you'd like to write over a period of time. We also welcome pitches from editors who would be interested in shaping coverage on new topics or from new angles.
Examples of things we would be interested in include coverage of a women's sports tournament or event, essays about gender issues in sports, interviews, and longform media criticism. We may occasionally accept pitches for personal essays that fit into the broader themes of our sports coverage.
Pitches should be short and to the point, and clearly state your article's purpose.
- Our theme is East, with customizations by Zoë. We're a hosted instance of Ghost.
- Our wordmark and other graphics are styled with Frontenac by Jérémie Dupuis.
The Victory Press, LLC is incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania. Our goal is to be cost-neutral, with all income to Victory Press going directly to paying writers, financing travel, and planning future projects.
All writers/contributors are independent contractors for tax purposes, and we have a standard freelance contract for both our staff writers and contributors. Feel free to contact email@example.com with legal/financial inquiries.